How to Fix Google Chrome Slow Loading Problem

Posted in Google on 25 June 2011 71 comments

I thought what is wrong recently because more than 50% of websites I visited are loading very slow, in fact sometimes they are not being loaded at all. Today, I finally realized that the problem is with Google Chrome browser because when I tried surfing using Firefox, they can be loaded in seconds. Of course, I am a Google lover so I wouldn’t switch my default browser just because of this. Then, I started to play around with Chrome’s preferences until I finally found a fix.

The main cause : DNS Pre-Fetching Feature

For old version of Chrome, the setting is located at Preferences > Under The Hood.

For newer version of Chrome, the setting is located at Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Privacy

Now, look for a checkbox called “Use DNS pre-fetching to improve page load performance” or “Predict network actions to improve page load performance“. Or similar.

Everyone including me would have ticked this checkbox because it seems to bring only benefits and it sounds promising. However, it is not the case here, while I still cannot explain why this is happening, just untick the checkbox to bring your Chrome back to its speedy glory.

In my Google Chrome for Mac, the settings is actually called “Predict network actions to improve page load performance“. Therefore, just untick any similar checkbox.

Hope this helps.

Posted by Zen on 25 June 2011 • 465,982 visits 71 comments
Tags : ,

or Subscribe to specific category only :

- 71 Comments

Gizmo says:

Thank you.You solved my probelm.

IDamian says:

I found the solution for me:

1) CLICK THE WRENCH IN UPPER RIGHT HC
2) \gO TO ADVANCED SETTINGS AT THE BOTTOM AND CLICK ON IT SO THAT THE ADVANCED ITEMS SHOW UP
3) gO TO THE “PHISHING” PROTECTION AND UN CHECK IT.
4) wHILE YOU WILL NO LONGER BE PROTECTED FROM PHISHING SCAMS IT SHOULD HELP THIS ISSUE CONSIDERABLY. I tested it by logging off and then on and it works for me to some extent!

Evidently the phishing list is, as usual, erring on the side of ultra precaution so when it does not recognize the site you are going to because no one coded the app for this possibility, it will not know what to do so it hangs rather than saying “ALL CLEAR” AND LETTING YOU PROCEED. iT IS OBVIOUSLY SOME IGNORANT CODING THAT gOOGLE HASN’T FELT THE NEED TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT DESPITE THE FACT THAT THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN AROUND FOR OVER 1.5 YEARS. I HAVE FOUND THIS ISSUE DATED AND UNRESOLVED BACK AS FAR AS 2010!!!! WiTH THREATS FROM PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY WILL NO LONGER USE CHROME DUE TO THIS FRUSTRATING situation. Some have indicated they already have returned to IE 9 or Firefox etc despite the added security from Chrome. HOWEVER if THIS ISSUE is part of what CHrome considers its added security by Chrome programmers, I wonder how they objectively rate the rest of their “SECURITY”! Frankly, it appears that Chrome believes the safest computer is one that you can not turn on!

IDamian says:

While I have submitted a different solution I find it strange why you eliminated my response which indicated your solution did not work for me. Why the cover-up?

Satisfied says:

Yahoo!!! That worked.

Mickyrush says:

Thanks my friend,seems to have worked.Loading pages was getting slower and slower almost daily and driving me up the wall.Sanity restored!

Brent says:

That worked for me as well. Thanks much. I was going to stop using it but now I can enjoy surfing again.